Designed to aid in the development of WPF and Silverlight applications, Caliburn implements a variety of UI patterns for solving real-world problems. Patterns that are enabled by the framework include MVC, MVP, Presentation Model (MVVM), Commands and Application Controller.
* Support building WPF/SL application that are TDD friendly.
* Implement functionality for simplifying various UI design patterns in WPF/SL. These patterns include MVC, MVP, Presentation Model (MVVM), Commands, etc.
* Ease the use of a dependency injection container with WPF/SL.
* Simplify or provide alternatives to common WPF/SL related tasks.
* Provide solutions to common UI architecture problems.
The MVVM Toolkit is a pretty barebones template for MVVM and is a good place to start with if you are new to this pattern. Over time, as i played around with this toolkit, the library grew in size. Its been useful for me – so i thought i might as well share it out🙂 .. The code is an extension of the Toolkit and pulls in a lot of concepts\code from other fameworks out in the wild like Cinch, Prism… Will have a subsequent post on these frameworks. So getting back to this library, it includes support for:
* Delegating Commands\Keybinding
* Messaging between VM's
* Handling events as commands with attached behaviors
* Handling dialogs (and more) as services
Google Map Saver (GMS) offers you an easy way to download big Google Maps on your PC as JPEG, PNG-8, PNG-24, BMP or Targa files. GMS is light (only ~400 KBytes) and very easy to run since doesn’t have an installer. Just download it on your Desktop and Run-It!
GMS runs on Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
GMS is 100% free, no spyware!
Mimosa NearPoint™ provides a holistic solution to managing SharePoint data with integrated archiving, recovery, and eDiscovery. NearPoint is the only SharePoint management product to combine both archiving and recovery while maintaining easy end-user access to information. In addition, Mimosa NearPoint offers the most comprehensive SharePoint data capture available.
* Capture all content types and associated metadata
* Perform continuous capture via Change Notification, and preserve the relationships between sites and content
* Execute full-text indexing and global single-instancing on all archived content
* Achieve storage cost savings, as content can then be offloaded from SharePoint while maintaining seamless end-user access via stubbing
* Manage retention and disposition (disposal) of SharePoint content across the archive in accordance to your policies
Colligo Reader is free for individual use. It enables you to easily download content from SharePoint sites to your laptop so you can access the content offline, rather than having to copy files one by one through a browser. Colligo Reader is completely free for personal (non-commercial) installation and very simple to use. Reader is a client-only application – no server modifications are required. The install package is just 5MB in size, so it takes less than a minute to install (no license keys are required). Colligo Reader works with all shipping versions of SharePoint, including Windows® SharePoint® Services (WSS 3.0 & 2.0), Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server (MOSS 2007), and SharePoint® Portal Server (SPS 2003).
The Model-View-ViewModel toolkit is intended to introduce the Model-View-ViewModel design pattern for building WPF applications to the broad WPF developer community.
The toolkit includes:
* A Visual Studio 2008 template (Visual C# Express 2008 also supported)
o General introduction to M-V-VM
o Walkthrough using the VS template
* A complete WPF application demonstrating the M-V-VM pattern
You can download the toolkit on the WPF Futures page.