I had the problem that when I created my Webpart Feature with STSDEV and tried to debug it afterwards (with Attach to process), I always got the message “This breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols are loaded.
After doing some investigation I found out that you have to configure the Project Debug Settings correctly under STSDEV.
- Go to the Project Settings / Build Tab
- Choose “All Configurations” under Configuration
- Check both “Define DEBUG constant” and “Define TRACE constant”
- Click on Advanced at the bottom and under Output –> Debug Info choose “full”
- Rebuild the solution and Redeploy it…(do this!)
Now it works….